Life after Divorce: My Top Five Inspirational Quotes

Sunday, August 21, 2016



I love this quote: "Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."  No matter who filed for divorce, the experience is tough.  When the ink dries and you start to rebuild your life, things eventually take a different direction in a more beautiful direction.  Divorce can allow you to breath and experience things with a new and fresh outlook.



At one point in my life, I had the quote: "If there is no struggle, there is no progress." I had this quote on everything.  I had it on sticky notes, which were attached to my rearview mirror in my car.  I had it taped on my mirror.  This quote was visible in my email signatures.  I had the above image as my cover image for my Facebook profile. 




When I was teaching, one of my goals was to bring a smile to someone’s face.  Even when I was having a hard time, I tried to inspire and motivate others.  The above quote defines what I wanted to achieve.  By helping others, I was able to help myself.

I know for a fact that divorce can be stressful and drain the life out of you.  No matter how stressed I was, especially when I was adjusting to being a single mother with three children, I remained thankful that I was no longer in a relationship that was killing me inside and out.  Being thankful for having food, even if it isn't the kind of food you desire goes a long way.  Eventually, the kind of food you want will be on your table because you realized how blessed you were.  

One of the most profound quotes implies that you have to relinquish things that do not allow you to reach your full potential.  I have had to get rid of jobs, friendships, personal belongings, and etc.  Once those things were gone, I was able to make significant progress, which is really important.  I want to remind you to just LET it go.  Everything does not need to be kept.  Goodwill, The Salvation Army, and other thrift shops exist for a purpose.  For you to get rid of things that you do not need, which someone else can use.  

For years, I have been addicted to quotes. My friends would buy me books of quotes.  I would copy the quotes out of the books and place them on doors, in my car, on my mirrors.  Currently, I have the quotes written on the pages in my bullet journals for my personal life and work.  I have a vision board full of quotes.  My children have quotes taped to their bathroom mirrors.  I have one particular quote taped to the door of the bathroom.  Sticky notes are full of quotes next to my desk in my bedroom.

For me, quotes give me an extra boost when things are not going just like I feel they should.  The right quote can send you into a world of happiness and motivation.

Using Pinterest, I have recently started a collection of quotes that inspire me. Pinterest is a wonderful source of quotes. You can save the images as your screensaver on your Macbook, iPad, or iPhone. I save them often. Also, I copy the quotes in my journal to remind me when I reflect on what I have written. Check out my Inspirational Quotes, Pinterest Board. Don't forget to follow me, as I add more of my favorite inspirational quotes.

What are some of your favorite quotes? Share your favorite quotes.


Let's connect on Goodreads.
Connect with me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.  
Check out my other blog: Mississippi Bookworm Diva.
SaveSaveSaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe