Storytelling on Snap Judgment

Thursday, July 07, 2016

As I was driving today, I decided to listen to unplayed episodes of one of my favorite podcasts. Snap Judgment provides listeners with stories that often touch the core of your existence. Today,  I listened to two episodes: Leap of Faith and Shake, Rattle, and Roll (both can be accessed in iTunes and on the website).

The first episode was Leap of Faith, centered around taking risks.  The touching story of Nahoko Takato made you feel her pain and anguish as she told her story of being a hostage.  The takeaway from the very first story, The Orange, which depicted a story about an elderly gentleman's experience during the Holocaust, forced me to write a quote in my journal:

Enjoy the sweetness of life.

I will never look at an orange the same.  Joel ben Izzy does an excellent job of presenting a story, which forces you to appreciate the smallest things in life.   Today, while grocery shopping,  I stopped and admired the color of the various fruit and vegetables.  How often do you stop and just admire things around you?  Do you appreciate the fluffiness of your pillow? Remember that someone is lying on the floor and using the ground as their pillow.  The many luxuries that we have in our grasp are often left unnoticed.

Continuing to catch up listening to my unplayed episodes, I listed to Shake, Rattle, and Roll.  Making an assumption that it included just ordinary stories, I was in for a rude awakening.  The story entitled The Rabbi and the KKK was unlike any story that I have ever heard.   This story had me talking to the Rabbi as if he could hear me in my SUV.  Without spoiling the story, I suggest that you listen to it. I admire the selfless and caring actions of the Rabbi and his family.  I cannot say that I could have been as strong as the Rabbi and his wife or as nice.  Regardless, this story provides so many valuable life lessons.

When you listen to the two episodes of Snap Judgment, let me know what you think.  I am sure you will understand why my children and I enjoy listening and subscribing to this podcast.  You will not regret it. Also, you can even submit your own story to Snap Judgment.  I enjoy this podcast, and I believe you will, too.


Let's connect on Goodreads.
Connect with me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.  
Check out my other blog: Mississippi Bookworm Diva.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe