Life after Divorce: My Top 3 Psychological Thrillers on Netflix

Wednesday, June 08, 2016


Adjusting to my children being away on weekends with their father was tough.  I would find myself consumed with sadness and loneliness.  However, I decided to transform the feelings of isolation.  I began to appreciate the aloneness.  Enjoying the quiet time that I had away from everyone and chaos, I began to fill the time with things that I liked.  Psychological thrillers on Netflix were entrancing, I thoroughly relished every minute watching them.
My name is Cassandra.  I am addicted to psychological thrillers on Netflix. I am not ashamed to admit it either.  Psychological thrillers are the best.
A psychological thriller is a movie, which centers around the emotional and mental state of the characters involved.  Usually, these movies are complex, and you have to watch them until the very end to completely understand them.  Sometimes, the psychological thriller is a combination of horror, drama, and mystery.  Perhaps, my educational background in psychology has stirred up my love for psychological thrillers, but I will admit I like how they force me to think critically and psychoanalyze the movie.

Here is my list of my top three psychological thrillers on Netflix.


  1. Stonehearst Asylum 2014 - PG-13 I liked this thriller for several reasons.  This movie is full of suspense.  When a young man arrives an asylum to fulfill his apprenticeship requirement to become a doctor.  This young man immediately begins to question his mentor and the treatment of the many patients.  Beyond being full of suspense, this movie is scary, as well.  The main actors are Kate Beckinsale, Jim Sturgess, and David Thewlis.  I love this movie, and I have watched it numerous times.    
  2. The Perfect Host 2010 R This movie can be described in one word, WEIRD.  However, the weirdness adds to this film. An escaped criminal decides to crash a dinner party. Soon, this criminal discovers he made a poor decision in choosing the appropriate residence to bombard.  This movie is a crime thriller, as well.  The main actors are Nathaniel Parker, David Hyde Pierce, and Helen Reddy.
  3. The Awakening 2011 R This movie is a BBC Film. The main character is an educated woman, during a time when it was frowned upon for women to be more than a homemaker.  Her specialty involves discrediting the existence of ghosts at various locations.  I cannot describe this movie more without giving away spoilers, but I will say it is well worth the time.  I enjoyed this film because it is a unique cross between the supernatural and psychology.
All three of these movies are currently available on Netflix.  Have you seen them? What did you think of this films?  What is your favorite psychological thriller?

Let's connect on Goodreads.
Connect with me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.  
Check out my other blog: Mississippi Bookworm Diva.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe