The 10 Minute Fix to Making Yourself Happy

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Life creates chaos when we do not need it.  Your boss demands you turn water to wine.  Your children require you to walk on water.  Your family expects you to be a financial advisor or a bank.  Your significant other fails to give you the attention that you are craving.  The weight of everything in your tugs at every bone and muscle.  You are almost at your wits end.  At this point, you need my 10-minute fix: MUSIC. You need it ASAP.

For me, the best fix to calming the chaos and feeling happy is music.  Playing music changes your mood and creates a new positive space.  Now, I am not talking about listening to that love song, "Hello," by Adele, which can make you feel like you need to apologize to everyone, even strangers.  I avoid songs, which cause me to feel worse.
 I suggest you listen to songs that make you move and want to go out.


Even though I love getting dressed and going dancing, I have not been out in ages.  Sometimes, when I would go out, I was the only person on the dance floor. Usually, I would end up encouraging others to dance just by dancing alone.  At one point, I was taking a ballroom dance class, which was fun. Now, I put on my heels, and choose a playlist from Apple Music and get to dancing.  The silliness, the movement of my hips from side to side, and the rhythmic beat of the song transforms my attitude and how I am feeling. Afterward, I feel fantastic and happy!
All I need is ten minutes of listening to music and dancing.  Rejuvenation and motivation fill me.

This list includes 10 of my favorite songs for my ten-minute fix.  Enjoy! (Disclaimer: Some of these songs have explicit lyrics. Reader discretion is advised.)


  1. Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-A-Lot 
  2. All I Do is Win - DJ Khaled
  3. Move - Ludacris
  4. Sugar - Maroon 5 
  5. King of the Dancehall - Beenie Man 
  6. Wobble - V. I. C.  
  7. Cupid Shuffle - Cupid
  8. Live Your Life - T. I. 
  9. Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
  10. Roar - Katy Perry




Let's connect on Goodreads.
Connect with me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.  
Check out my other blog: Mississippi Bookworm Diva.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe