Job Rejection Letters

Monday, June 06, 2016

Albert Einstein's Rejection Letter
Source: http://www.snopes.com
Recently, I applied for several jobs that aligned my qualifications and experience.  Since applying for these jobs, I have received numerous rejection letters.  In one day, I received about five rejection letters.  Even though each rejection letter was written differently, the lingering theme from each one screamed to me that I was not good enough to fulfill the position or to be offered an interview.

After reading so many rejection letters, I started to feel discouraged and began to question my qualifications.  I reevaluated my curriculum vitae.  I requested editors to review my cover letters and my resume, even though I am a paid editor and have taught English for almost ten years.  I wanted to make sure that I was actually illuminating my qualifications and experience.

Following numerous revisions and discussions with others, I discovered jobs that fit my experience and decided to apply.  Interestingly enough, I received rejection letters.  Some of the rejection letters were sent less than 30 minutes from the time that I applied.  I began to wonder if the individual, who sent the generic rejection letter, even took time to review my application and/or resume.  Since the response was so quick, I seriously doubt that my information was read.

While scrolling through my Facebook Newsfeed, I discovered a post, which shared an image of a rejection letter to Albert Einstein.  I could not believe that someone sent such a letter to Albert Einstein.  I mean he was a GENIUS.  I saved the image of Einstein's rejection letter as my desktop image on my Macbook Pro to remind me that he survived being rejected, and I will survive it, as well.

Last night, I watched the story of Walt Disney and became instantly motivated.  I was fascinated and encouraged by his story, as well. He was rejected so many times before he finally achieved the creation of Mickey Mouse. Walt Disney was persistent, and he did not give up because someone said, "No."

Now, instead of deleting the rejection letters, like I have in the past, I  saved each and every one of them in an email folder, titled "Letters of Motivation," and I am hoping to one day share these letters with my children.  Instead of feeling down,  I am thankful for those rejection letters.  I have faith that the right job is just around the corner.  Until then, I will pursue things that I always wanted to do and get done.  Rejection letters will not stop me from enjoying my life and the many blessings that I do have.


Let's connect on Goodreads.
Connect with me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.  
Check out my other blog: Mississippi Bookworm Diva.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe