Life After Divorce: 3 Tips to Living Your Life

Saturday, June 25, 2016

After my divorce, I had to transition to a different person.  I was drained mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  I almost felt like I needed to "deprogram myself" from being an insecure and unhappy wife to being a happy and confident woman.  Soon, I discovered three important things that helped me to live my life and be happy.  I wanted to share these three things.  

Practice self-care.

Self-care involves performing intentional actions that enhance your overall well-being.  Since I am not working full-time, I am creative with my self-care activities, and I focus on the cost-effective ones.  I am committed to writing in my bullet journal daily.  Dedicating time to writing in my bullet journal is so peaceful and rejuvenating.  Here is a list of simple self-care actions that you can perform:
  1. Soak in the tub for 20 minutes. Adding lavender oil or Epsom salt can enhance the experience.
  2. Listen to a podcast on iTunes.
  3. Take a 30-minute nap.
  4. Find a new playlist on Apple Music and dance the day away.
  5. Keep a gratitude log/journal.
  6. Encourage someone on Whisper.
  7. Write a letter.
  8. Watch a comedy movie on Netflix.
  9. Read a book on Kindle.
  10. Start a hobby.

Make yourself #1.

You should be your top priority.  I cannot stress how important it is to put "YOU" first. Taking care of the needs of others, before caring for your needs, is very unhealthy.  By taking care of myself, I can effectively take care of other people.  Be your #1 cheerleader.  Focus on being the best you. When you put yourself first, everything else will fall into place.

Eliminate negativity.

I can be a pessimistic person.  You see the glass half full. I see the glass half empty. However, when something happens, I focus on the negative aspects of the situation.  Once, I let go of the negativity; I am like a new person.  Let go of the negative thoughts, ideas, feelings, emotions, people, etc. When you do, your world changes.  Negativity is toxic and contagious.  

Reverting to these three tips have proven to enhance my life.  Recently, I had to "check" myself.  Consequently, these three tips have proven useful over and over again.  

What do you do to ensure that you are living your life to the fullest?


Let's connect on Goodreads.
Connect with me on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.  
Check out my other blog: Mississippi Bookworm Diva.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe