Trip to the Dentist

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I am currently awaiting my turn to be in the chair of my dentist. Putting off getting a filling done, I can no longer wait. *sighs*  The fact that I am 33 years old (about to be 34 in a couple of months) and just now need a filling is almost disheartening.  I never had a cavity as a child. My parents made sure our teeth and hygiene were addressed.

Before arriving, I stopped at Beagle Bagel to get a warm and chewy cinnamon roll. I failed to look up what you could and could not do after getting a filling, so I wanted to make sure that I could enjoy some type of self-pleasure in the form of a sweet. (Don't judge me.) Do you think I was wrong to sit outside the dentist's office and eat it? (I am sure you are probably judging me now!) 

I have never had a fear of the dentist. On the rare occasion that I needed to go as a child, I always looked forward to it. I enjoyed receiving the tiny treasure chest that the dentist gave us to put in our extracted teeth. 

What I like the most about this dentist's office is that the environment is so relaxing. They play soothing spa music, and the lighting is just right. I wonder if there is a research study that correlates a dentist's waiting room to the level of anxiety that a patient may experience. *Excuse the nerd in me. 

I am about to take my planners out and doodle in them the remaining time before it is my turn. When was the last time you visited a dentist? Do you experience anxiety? Share your story in the comments. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe