A Good Start

Monday, December 07, 2015

I'm off to a good start today. I've planned my week in both my Happy Planner and my Erin C. Planner. I'm loving these two planners. The Happy Planner is for appointments and things related to the children. The EC Planner is for my morning and evening routines, goals, and school-related work. 

I was also able to have morning devotion today. I focused on the topic of prayer. I read Acts 10, which focuses on prayer and diligence. I have added a section for a prayer list in my EC, but I still use my prayer journal. Thanks to the Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks I have a boost of energy.

 I have cleaned the trash can with ammonia. I have washed a load of clothes, folded clothes, and put them away. The baby, who is three months old is fed and watching PBS kids. I'm starting early with his learning. I love that he is such a happy, little boy. 

In about an hour or so, I will get in the car rider line to pick up my crew. I will plan the weekly menus then.  I need to focus on helping them prepare for end of semester exams these next two weeks.  So, I will make a point to cook foods, like salmon to boost their brain power. 

Planning has proven to be so beneficial. I don't spend all my waking hours forgetting things. Since I am a SAHM now, I find that the pretty planners are more motivating than my Franklin Covey. I use that for my work things. I am going to figure out how to make it pretty, too. I have a new planner buddy now, so I am really excited about getting to know someone with a common interest as mine. 
I cannot wait to get my things out of storage. My bins of pens and markers are greatly missed. I hope they haven't dried out. My paint and canvas are in storage, too. Ironically, I have given away every painting. I guess I will keep the new ones that I make. 

I picked up my son's class ring this past Friday. I cannot believe that he isn't a baby anymore. He is really balancing academics and football. I think that I will let him keep football. MAYBE. I would love for him to go back to playing the trumpet, but I don't want to force it. 
I'm enjoying being available to my children. I gave up so much to finish my PHD. Since I transferred schools, I'm not as stressed out, I still have a 4.0, and I'm able to enjoy life more. Friday, I enjoyed a visit to the Planetarium with Jake. He hugged me and told me that he was so glad that I could come. I was glad, too. We had a really great time. 
Jazz is finally in ballet. She looks so cute in her leotards. I look at her and cannot believe how much she is like me. From the writing to the reading, she is so goal-oriented. That makes my heart so happy. 
One year ago, my life was so different. I'm really thankful how things have turned around for us.  I'm looking forward to what the future has for me. I'm so glad God heard my prayer requests. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe