The World of Advice

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Advice seems to come when you want it and always when you don't.  Someone always knows what you need to do for you.  Sometimes, we go inquiring about what we should do.

I remember receiving advice about leaving my ex-husband.  Individuals would tell me that they couldn't be me. They would have left already.  When I finally left... they stopped being my friend (go figure).

During my single time, I was told what to do, where to go, how to dress, and etc... to get a man.  The advice probably would have worked if I was dealing with men, who wanted relationships.  (That's another story altogether). When I finally just gave up and wasn't focused on being with the man of my dreams, he came. Thank God.  I was getting impatient.

Now that I am married again, I am getting advice, too.  You need to make sure you cook for him everyday (why? I wasn't doing that when I met him LOL). I do try to cook more often, but that is definitely a work in progress.

As I think back to all the advice I was given while I was a single, divorced woman, I have come to a major conclusion.  The healing of yourself and finding yourself doesn't come to fruition until you are actually in a serious relationship.  Things I had forgotten that the ex did and cause so much hurt can be triggered my something the hubby does.  He don't even know it most of the time.  I am sure things I do probably trigger stuff his ex did prior to me.

My mom reminds me often that hubby is NOT ex-husband.  <~ This RET HERE is so important.  I do forget.  I have to check myself quickly. This is probably the best advice ever.  I love how neutral my mom is.  I feel sorry for my children... I am NOT that neutral.  I need to pray about that.

I do believe that I have received good advice at times.  However, at the end of the day, you have to live your life for you.  The hubby has really showed me that, and I am grateful.  I have spent many days, hours, minutes, seconds, etc (you get the point) trying to please others. For what? They are going on about their business.

My advice: Live the best life according to your own decisions.  Regardless of the advice you receive, you have to live with the consequences. No one else.

If you enjoyed reading this post, share on http://delicious.com/ or http://digg.com/.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe