Being in Nature

Wednesday, July 23, 2014


Lately, I have found peace, while bathing in nature.  On Sunday, I felt like I was inwardly restless. My thoughts flowed vigorously through my mind. I thought about where I was currently in life.  I considered where I wanted to go.  Thoughts about my past cluttered my mind.

In response, I decided to go to one of my favorite places.  When I visit, the Natchez, I can immediately quiet the storm of thoughts. Walking through the Natchez Trace,  I receive the necessary peace. I get the calm I need.  I feel so much better when I am embracing nature.

Sometimes, I am amazed at how things that I did during my childhood tends to resurface.  Things that I disliked during my childhood, such as being outdoors,  are now things that I crave. Now, I enjoy hearing the singing of birds.   The wind blowing through the fallen leaves encourage me.  I feel confident that being in nature is the right place for me when my thoughts are racing.  As I walked down the trail on the Natchez Trace, I regained my focus and felt calm. Ironically, being with nature provided me the boost that I needed.

Take a look at the photo that I took when I was walking down the trail.  What comes to mind?  Where do you go when you need to calm the thoughts in your mind?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe