Taking Time to Be Single: Letter to Kim Kardashian

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Browsing Psychology Today's website, I found this article: 


An Open Letter to Kim Kardashian: Signed, Your Imaginary Living Father | Psychology Today http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight-is-2020/201207/open-letter-kim-kardashian-signed-your-imaginary-living-father


Needless to say, this article/letter to Kim Kardashian was quite interesting. I don't watch the show. Everything I know about Kim and the show basically comes from Twitter and Facebook. Who needs the show, when you have people who watch it religiously and tweet about it?! Shrugs.


What I found interesting though was this quote:



You should spend some time being single after a breakup - and after a divorce, in particular.After a breakup, the best thing you can do for yourself is entirely counter-intuitive: spend more time alone. You probably don’t get much of that with your life as you’ve set it up, but trust me when I say that alone time is good for a person. To give you an example, one of America’s favorite pastimes is gardening, which involves a man or woman going outside, going into their own mental world, and working the soil. If you were my daughter, I’d put a little hoe in your hand and send you to the garden for some alone time. To quote our mutual friend, Oprah, finding the silence is one of the best ways to figure out how to make the best decisions.


Kim's divorce isn't final from Kris Humphries isn't final yet. However, she is in a highly-publicized relationship with rapper, Kanye West.  Jumping from one relationship to another... After reading the quote, I was like ... I am on the right track. I am taking time being alone AND actually enjoying it.  I take myself on dates. I go to the reservoir sit on the grass, write and/or take photographs. I travel to places I want to go. I indulge in quiet moments in my home. I spend time with Netflix.  I sit on my patio and listen to nature.  I am discovering that my time alone is exactly what I need.  During my alone time, I was able to publish my first poetry book, Life and Struggles. You should purchase it and let me know what you think about it. 


The letter was quite interesting. I really hope you read and find the information useful. :) 



If you enjoyed reading this post, share on http://delicious.com/ or http://digg.com/.

Have a great day! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe