Something to Think About

Tuesday, July 10, 2012



Today, I saw this image posed on Facebook.  I thought it was cute, but somehow it resonated with me.  Then my mom called me and mentioned me being patient. Was this a sign? Who knows, but it has me thinking. As a young girl, I dreamed of going to college, meeting my husband, having children, and living happily-ever after like my parents. Somehow, I went to college, had a child, married his father, and ended up divorced. The irony.

It's been almost two years now since I filed for divorce.  In a few months, my divorce will have been final for a year.  Time surely flies.  I wonder am I waiting on the "right one." I don't know. Sometimes,  I feel like  I want to be "coupled" and dating. Other times, I swear  I don't want to be bothered. Since my book is published, things are going great with school, and I love my job, I have this "tug of war" with myself.  Do I really want to date? Do I want to get married again?

Friends have told me that I am the "relationship type." Hearing those words slam into my eardrums, I cannot seem to phantom the exact meaning of those words. Thinking about the story of Ruth, I remember that she "patiently" waited for Boaz.  Boaz was like her "Christian Grey" from Fifty Shades of Grey without all the "kinkiness." 

Can people wait patiently to meet their prince charming or their Cinderella? I mean just think about it. Women AND men alike have read "Fifty Shades of Grey" and have flocked to dating websites and Craiglist in search of their Anastasia and Christian.  Are you truly waiting for your significant other if you try to be in the right spot at the right time? You know... just in case.

What about staying in a relationship with someone, who is your prince or princess, but you don't know if anything better is coming along, so you stay with this "not-so-perfect" person because you don't want to walk down the "often lonely" road of singleness? You stay in hopes of this person eventually transforming into your prince or princess. Is this waiting?

Being single AND being happy with where you are in life is a great feeling.  I never thought I would make it to this point in my life where being happy and single resides in the same place. Who would have thought. 

I wonder if there is a man, who is just right for me. Is it possible to meet a man, who is not intimidated by my aggressive work ethic and compliments me? It is possible for the bookworm chic with three gorgeous children to fall in love with a man, who does not smoke and has his life together?

Look at the following verse: 

Psalm 145:16 Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.

What exactly does this mean? Can you interpret this scripture as saying that if you desire to have a mate, your desire will be filled?

Something to think about...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe