I am thankful.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Having my first book published and in the homes of friends, family, and acquaintances feels like a surreal experience.  I often hid behind my words etched in journals because I could not expose my own thoughts, ideas, and feelings. All because I was unsure of what people who think of me. Since my divorce and turning "30," I have finally arrived it the point where I know I cannot control what people will and will not think of me. I do know that I want to share with people what I have experienced, what  I know as familiar, and what I have imagined. My book, "Life and Struggles" achieves this.  Never would I have imagined  that my book would be in the possession of so many people. Today, I had a famous blogger, Literary Marie, return from her hiatus and post a review about my book.  Needless to say, I am forever grateful and thankful. I have always wanted to write a book. I have done it. I have done it. Can you believe it? I am officially an author. Sure, I wrote my thesis, but that was for educational purposes. I have written a poetry book. What is something on your "bucket list," goal list, or to-do list that you want to accomplish.  My book, "Life and Struggles" may make you blush, but it is a dream come true for me. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe