A True Friend

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down - Arnold H. Glasow

We all possess issues. NO matter how happy and successful we seem and/or claim to be, we continue to feel that we are missing out on something if we don't possess "this thing."  Feeling we need this thing to be full of life and to complete our existence, we become consumed by it. We allow this desire to eat away at our core and dominate our feelings, our thoughts, our conversations, our beliefs, EVERYTHING...

When this occurs, we spiral down an unwanted and unnecessary road of self-pity.  That's when having a true friend is mandatory and needed.  A true friend recognizes your trip down the road of self-degradation and blocks your way.  This friend may have to punch you with words of profound and unexpected reality, slice and dice you with memories from the past, and pierce your spirit with words of encouragement.  As you limp away, you can honestly say that this friend is your lifeline. You turn around and head down another road, which leads towards true self-actualization.

Sadly, this happened to me. I was traveling down the wrong road and traveling at a fast pace.  As my friend shared brutal and necessary honesty and concern, which I so desperately needed to hear, my head began to throb and pound against my skull. I felt sick to my stomach.  Yet, each word she shared was nothing but the truth, AND it was the truth about ME.  After sulking some, just like the baby I can be, I began to snap back to reality.



Honestly, I have to be so thankful for her. I have to thank God that He has place a friend in my life, who knows me and cares enough about me to SAVE ME FROM ME.   I am so thankful that I am comfortable with her enough to expose who I really am...ALL OF ME... and know that she will accept me regardless. Everyone needs this kind of friend.  I am so thankful that she was there for me today.

If you have a friend like this, please let them know that you value their existence in your life because they are rare nowadays.  If you don't have a friend like this, God will manifest your hearts desire. Read Psalms 37:4.

Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4


Since my friend is at work and I can't call her, ( I just couldn't text this to her) I am going to just copy and paste this in a text. I hope these words show I thoroughly appreciate her being in my corner.  I also want her to know that entangled within the words on this page is a message that I am that same kind of friend for her.

Who is your true friend? When was the last time you told them you appreciated them?  Share your thoughts about this post.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe