My Ideal Birthday Gift

Thursday, February 02, 2012

In ten days, I will turn 30 years old. Ironically, I have nothing planned and probably won't get anything planned. If you would have asked me twelve years ago how my life would have been when I turned 30 years old, you would have been amazed at what I would have shared with you. Twelve years ago, I was 18 years old and a sheltered child, swimming in the unknown freedom and college life. I knew I was going to be a biophysicist, a Naval officer, a single woman, no children, driving a red convertible BMW, and living in Atlanta, Georgia.  Ha! How ironic! All under the age of thirty, I married, gave birth, divorced, and remained in Jackson. Who would have thought? Now my life is nothing like how I imagined it would be, but I am finally content. Things aren't as great as I envisioned, but I know that time is coming. I do know what I want for my birthday, February 12. I want genuine hugs. That's all. I am learning that a genuine hug goes a long wy. Even though I haven't seen my parents since January 1, I can still feel the love they shared through their passionate hugs right before I loaded my three J's into my car.  What is your ideal birthday gift and why?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe