Review of 2011: MY LIFE

Monday, January 02, 2012

In March of 2011, I left my house and everything I knew. By April and May, I was in a pure funk. Yet, in front of everyone I held my head high and faked it. Only close friends knew how low I really was. In July, I was accepted into two PHD programs. I had to choose one.  In August I started a new job, which I always wanted and had been trying to get for two years. Funny though, I turned the job down the first time, but the second time I jumped on it. In August, I started my PHD program. By September, I was no longer close friends to a person I felt thoroughly understood me. By October, my car died and I was FORCED to get another one. By November, another friendship died, but my divorce became final, which closed that chapter in my life. By December, my mom had almost had a stroke, and I almost lost one of the most important persons in my life. All of this while being a mother, a friend, a sister, a cheerleader, and etc...

On January 1, 2012, I discovered another major loss once I got back to Jackson. On January 2, 2012, I took control of my life and put things in motion. I blocked text messaging, which will save me $240 a year, looked at the loss in a positive light, and started planning 2012 - the year I turn 30.

I can't believe I summed that up so nicely.  I am hoping for a new positive attitude this year. Don't get me wrong, my growth last year is phenomenal. This year though I am going to put everything I have learned in motion. I have eliminated the clutter in my life. I know not to rebuild bridges that have been burned down to the ground. I understand more than ever now about having Faith in God. Because if you knew the specifics of what I have been through, you would know that only God could do any of that in my life. I am excited about what is coming in my future. I am excited about my business, my job, my children, my schoolwork, and my life. Everything that happens in your life occurs for a reason. It's your decision to ask God to reveal that you.

I started reading the Bible for the Umpteenth time from beginning to end. Fortunately, this time I WILL finish. I read everything else. I finished textbooks in one semester.  I set up my reading plans on YouVersion.com last night. Yes, I set up more than one reading plan. I always read more than one book at a time! LOL.

What do you hope for in 2012? What are you going to do different? I know one thing. I will not let the newness of the year diminished. Everyday will be just like it was January 1, 2012.  I can't believe I am GROWN.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe