Life After Divorce

Monday, November 14, 2011

So, I am officially a member of the Divorced Club. Having transitioned through the ups and downs associated with going through the divorce, I am confident about the Part 2 of my life. Within two months, I will be 30 years old. Under my belt, I have two degrees, three children, an ex-husband, a wonderful job, and a ton of unforgettable experiences.

Even though I feel stress being divorced, my stress is different than when I was married. The stress I felt when I was married was often interfering with my functional level, made me sad, made me question my self-worth and interfered with my daily functioning. The stress I feel now is more related to school than anything.

Understanding my roles in my life and my children lives has been thoroughly liberating.  I am responsible for my household and the well-being of my children. Even though this role was important in my marriage, this role is the foundation of all of our existence. I beam with more pride when my children are academically successful in school. I am proud of my apartment just like  I was proud of my home.

My self-esteem has definitely increased more now than when I was married. During my marriage, I found myself trying to prove to my ex-husband that I was worthy enough to be his one and only woman. Regardless of the accomplishments I was achieving, I didn't feel that I was worthy enough because of his cheating.  Now I know that I am a wonderful woman. My self-worth is definitely more apparent to me. I like how I look. I like how I dress. I like me for me. I am proud of myself. I am wonderful.

How is your life after divorce? What has your experience been like? How do you feel about yourself now in comparison to who you were before your divorce?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe