Discouragement

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

No matter how discouraged we get, God has not asked us to do the impossible. - George Grace
I saw this  quote this morning, and it literally took my breath away. I won't say I am discouraged, but I am a bit frustrated. Sometimes, when you know that you are on the right path and doing the right things, "stuff" just gets out of wack.  Building friendships and a better life for my children are some of my top priorities. Yet, hinderances are starting to occur. I refuse to get discouraged though. I just keep pushing up the mountain. I no longer care how tall the mountain is anymore. I just care about getting to the top.

I am learning how to deal with people, too. Prior to my new lifestyle, I would be constantly questioning why someone hurt me or why someone did me wrong, but now I just take what happens and evaluate it from my perspective. By doing so I am learning how to deal with someone, who may be similar to that person or who may be unlike that person. Then I apply that new knowledge to how I deal with people on a regular basis. I no longer get discouraged about people's seasons being over.  I just accept it as being over, reminiscence about the good times, and move on.  I am really learning to not get discouraged and knocked off my current path. I just pause, think about where I am and where I want to be, dust myself off, and get back on the path.

When things start happening in your life, what do you do? Are you easily discouraged? Do you become frustrated? What gives you peace? What helps you?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe