In My Corner

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Who do you talk to when you are feeling down?
Since going through my divorce and separation, I am learning that circumstances can either boost you up higher or knock you down to the ground.  This weekend, I feel as if I have been knocked down to the ground.  I am working hard not to allow these current conditions to control how I feel and how I think.  Before I knew it, hopelessness crawled in my life on all fours.  I was able to regain my composure by communicating with others.  Social media, such as Twitter and Facebook, helped me connect with others and made me realize that I am not alone.

Using social media while you are going through a divorce has numerous benefits.  (Disclaimer: You must remember to use it properly and wisely.)  No longer is one hindered by miles and silence. Just by typing and reading, I am encouraged, motivated, and comforted by friends near and far. Kinds words leave a lasting impression on my life, especially during this time.

Having real friends in my corner, during this process of divorce, has helped me through many horrible days.   Plus, these friends encouraged me to keep pushing on in spite of the circumstances. Divorce is not the end of the world. My circumstances can change from good to bad at any time.   My reaction to the ever-changing circumstances determines how it affects me. Being able to talk about my feelings and thoughts makes things better.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe