Finally There

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Almost all of my life I have always wondered what it meant to be happy. I bought books and read articles on blogs and websites. Unfortunately, those things never gave me what I wanted. I wanted to be  fulfilled and happy. I wanted to be in a place in life of pure contentment. I thought buying things would make me happy. Realized during my NO SPEND MONTH, I spend to appease some feelings.

Yet, today...I am finally there. I am so happy to report I AM HAPPY.  Yes, you read that correctly. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy.  Transitioning this past month has been tough but so rewarding.  I am now in a place where I want to be. The feeling is amazing.

I wake up in the morning...I am happy. I go to work...I am happy. I function as a single mom...I am happy. I feel tired...I am happy.  I am alone...I am happy.

The place where I am right now is a place I never want to leave. The trials and tribulations I have encountered were all well worth it. Why? I have been molded to understand where and when happiness would creep into my life.

Are things perfect now? No, they are not. My car repairs have my wallet begging to feel the smoothness of green paper rubbing on it. Unfortunately, my wallet won't get that wish anytime soon. :-) BUT I am happy.

I do things that I always wanted to do because I am happy. Yesterday, I enjoyed a classical concert at the Mississippi Museum of Art. It was great! I finished my day with ballroom classes and that was great!

I woke up this morning. I cooked my children breakfast. We ALL arrived to school/work ON TIME! Yep, I am happy.

What makes you happy? Are you happy now? What changes in your life are necessary for you to achieve the feeling of happiness? Can money buy happiness?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. How rewarding when you finally realize you've got to happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly feels good. Even when I may have a small lapse, I make sure it does not last too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girl,
    It's amazing what you have to endure or choose to endure before you get to that happy place. It is well worth it when you think about it. I am so happy for you and your little ones. That's what we real women are made of- strength, drive, and determination. Continue and you will have much more happiness and blessings to come your way.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I admire how you haven't given up either. Your strength is amazing! Thanks for the encouragement. The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is ours! I have faith that we will get it! Your children are proving that you are doing somethings excellent! :-)

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe