True Idleness

Friday, March 25, 2011

So, I am sitting in my very own apartment enjoying Twitter and Facebook and felt the urge just to write. This week was a really good week. Getting to work wasn't as chaotic as it normally is. Adjusting to being in my apartment and having complete peace. Surely makes more of a difference than you may believe.

When I pulled into my apartment complex, my children exclaimed, "home sweet home." You won't believe how much that warmed my heart. My children are happy. I am happy. We are happy. God is great!

Lately, people are asking me I does it feel to be single. I don't really "feel" anything. That one aspect doesn't change or define who I am. I am content. That means more to me than having a warm body take up a space in my bed. I have peace of mind.  I like me. I like the direction my life is going. I am embracing life and actually enjoying the journey. Never thought I would every say that.

Tonight is the first time I just "chilled" and detoxed from work. I am always worried about not making the most of my time. I find myself multi-tasking and always working on something. Tonight I did the opposite. I was L - A - Z - Y. Guess what? Taking time to relax and chill isn't all that bad. I have been in the same spot on my sectional for the longest. The best part is that I am content and happy with what is happening at this present moment.

Tonight I have taken the necessary time to unwind and just embrace the value of idleness. Being idle isn't so bad. What have I accomplished?

I have accomplished a lot. Mental unload. Being nosy on Facebook. Flooding timelines with randomness. Yep. Sounds like productivity to me.

What do you know to wind down? How do you feel about relaxing?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I designate days of laziness. It is so necessary to just rest the mind and chill out from multi-tasking. Glad you discovered this stress-free technique. Now just stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on sticking to it! I am hoping I don't let idleness get the best of me! :-) What do you do on your days of laziness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read, watch DVR'ed shows, stream movies, listen to music, and sleep on my lazy days.

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe