Date Tonight

Saturday, March 12, 2011

I have a date tonight at the Parker House. Just made the reservation for my table using OpenTable. This is going to be a celebratory date too. I can't wait to get all dolled up and go.  I have never been and this is just too exciting. I know exactly what I am going to wear. As soon as I leave Starbucks, I am going to prepare myself for my date.

I bet you are wondering how I can be at Starbucks...I had a gift card. So I was able to get my favorite drink...White Chocolate Mocha with Whipped Cream and Chocolate Drizzle. Since Starbucks was celebrating 40 years, I lucked up and got a FREE cake popsicle. Yum! Trying hard to savor this drink. Gonna be a long time before I can splurge on one.

Yesterday was purely amazing. Work was great! I helped organize Hamilton Park.  You should follow them on twitter. Those young men are wonderful performers. They appreciate their fans. They signed hands of our students, signed promotional materials, and gave out hugs.  Plus they are nice on the eyesight! Lol. Even their equipment managers are cuties. *Okay focus Cassandra! Ha!

A twitter friend, Delalorm, wrote me a poem...I have never had anyone do that for me. This poem is amazing and so thoughtfully written. We will forever be "twiends." Please read it! Just click on the link. Tell me what you think! I was beyond speechless. Side note: follow him on twitter.

I went to bed early last night. I think I collapsed about 7:30 or 8. I slept until about 5:15 or so. Feels so good now to get uninterrupted sleep. Feels so good to not have to worry about someone disrupting your sleep. I even had a dream last night. A peaceful dream. I am amazed. It has been years since I have had a dream. I feel so liberated. THANK GOD!

Sadly, the one lone old school tv we had broke. The cable cord in the back came out of the television.  I am so proud of myself. I didn't worry about it. Just unplugged it. Plugged up my MacBook Pr,o and the kids watched Netflix.  Not losing it and becoming emotionally distraught over stuff is easy. I have learned that. I had to practice that again as my clothing in my Master Bedroom feel because the racks came out the wall. Oh well. Thanks for the maintenance at my apartment. The closet will get fixed.

I have learned this week that  a storm comes in your life to transform your normal reactions. If you panic every time something happens, then your storm will appear worse than it really is.

All week I have looked tired and worn down. Ha! The image consultant is BACK! I upgraded a little yesterday, even though I had on all black. I had on fishnet under my pants. Really should have worn them out. Oh well. I will next time. LOL. ;-) Today I have on black again but a SEXY black. Tonight i will have on color. I will look amazing...

So back to this date...Who am I going with? How can I spend money during my NO SPEND MONTH?

Well, first I am going with...drumroll please... MYSELF. I am taking ME out and dressing up for ME.  I can afford it because I bought the Groupon last month for it! Ha! I am determined to focus on remaining happy. My mother was so pleased to hear I was happy today. God knows it feels amazing. Remember "NO STORM LASTS FOREVER!"

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I love Groupon! I've discovered so many great restaurants that way. have fun on your date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gets 2 thumbs up with a Rupaul snap. Halleyluu! Cassandra, you inspire me. We have to talk soon- real soon. Found out I have "frienemies" at work and they are gunning for me. That storm will not sweep me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey glad you are enjoying your day!!! It make me sad to see you down stay up Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an awesome date! I am anxiously planning another one for next month. Oh the possiblities! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Cassandra. I'm seeing this so late. Thanks for linking my blog and hey, you totally deserve that poem. You make me feel that twitter is more real than reality. One day, I pray we'll meet. Just someday:) Keep your spirits up too, hun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no problem with linking to your blog! Thank you so much for the poem! I am honored to be your "twiend." I hope that we have the opportunity to meet and perhaps stroll down a beach! :-)

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE

Subscribe